Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was drinking some coffee(ok to be fair, a double choc latte) and was listening to some music while studying as well.

Then, the song "Bye Bye" by Mariah Carey played on my iPhone. Since I like that song, I listened carefully to it and the lyrics struck a chord with me for some reason. It made me realize my grandma is old and the significance of the song really came through.

Cherish your loved ones while they're still around and can comprehend what you say to them for you never know when you'll just wish you could have a little more time.

Yeah it made me emo.

//back to work for me.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
murbike said:
Yes, life is fragile, and any of us can be taken at any time.

With that in mind, why are you drinking double chocolate lattes and listening to Mariah Carey?
My iPhone library is set to shuffle. I like her songs anyway. Several of then at least.

Wanted to try the double choc latte. Not bad but the regular size was a little sickening IMO. I'll stick to the ice blended versions of the drinks thank you.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Did you call your grandmother and tell her "hey, just wanted to say I was thinking about you."or were you distracted by the hot barista chick while drinking your double chocalate latte? Really, a double choc latte.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jupiterrn said:
Did you call your grandmother and tell her "hey, just wanted to say I was thinking about you."or were you distracted by the hot barista chick while drinking your double chocalate latte? Really, a double choc latte.
She lives with me. My grandma that is and not the barista girl.

I hardly drink real coffee at all actually and a mocha(iced) is usually the 'strongest' I'll to for.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Grandmas can be cool. Mine have been gone for a long long time. Cherish yours while she is still around.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
"hey, gramms. i was just sitting here drinking a double chocolate 'latte' when my iphone played a mariah carrey song that reminded me of you."
"oh, izzie. thanks so much for thinking of me. was it 'touch my body?' gramps and i used to get nasty to that song ALL THE TIME."

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@weltyed Lol at the song title!!

Here's the song I was referring to fwiw.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
phew.
i had poster-regret after that. i was afraid i might have hurt your feelings. been having a bad day and thought i might have pulled the trigger on this too fast.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
weltyed said:
phew.
i had poster-regret after that. i was afraid i might have hurt your feelings. been having a bad day and thought i might have pulled the trigger on this too fast.
Now that I think about it, I should stop letting my mind wander.

:eek: :yikes:

//My grandad died looooonnng before I was born - while my mom was still a kid in fact and ever since then, my grandma has been a single parent of 6 (now 5) kids. She had her mom to help back then before she passed (great grandma) from breast cancer.

///cancer stinks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts