Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...So today I was on my way to meet a customer and I passed by a barn/shop that I'd never been into. I'd passed it hundereds if not thousands of times, but never stopped....perhaps it was the collection of random used clunkers and beach cruisers slapped into the racks out front, or maybe just the name (So and So's recycled sports....). Anyhow I swung intoday as my meeting was at four and it was only 3.

I walk inside and it's looking to be like I expected...crap everywhere; ice skates and ski boots slung all around, bikes stuffed anywhere they could fit. Most of the bikes were mid range hybrids, but there were a few nice mtb's (orbeas and a tomac or two...even a KHS flite.) I start talking to the owner and it seems he's a rider through an dthrough...races cyclocross and was at the nat's when I was last Dec. We know a few of the same folks it turns out. I start poking around and spy an old Viscious Cycles fully and , Hey, what the hell is that? Ah...a '97 Ritchey Cyclocross bike sporting full ultegra...hmmmm...whoa, is that a ted wojcik? Hell yes, a Ted cyclocross frame just hung behind a few older Schwinn Paramounts...

Once I started digging, I couldn't stop...truly beautiful pieces fo functioning art stuck in the nooks of this place. Turns out Derek was a rep for Ritchey in '97/98 and that was his first demo ride...there were a few otther Ritcheys here and there too. Of course it didn't help matters that we both ride 54cm cross rigs and he offered the Ritchey cross bike to me for a nice price...I'm still torturing myself over it!

RJ

· tdiclub Member
417 Posts
go to church

head to church and when they pass the collection plate along snag a few $20 if you see them. That's what I do, works pretty damn good. The poor and needy dont need a hot meal. I on the otherhand will be closer to god if I own two BMC 'cross machines.

TOZOVR said:
...So today I was on my way to meet a customer and I passed by a barn/shop that I'd never been into. I'd passed it hundereds if not thousands of times, but never stopped....perhaps it was the collection of random used clunkers and beach cruisers slapped into the racks out front, or maybe just the name (So and So's recycled sports....). Anyhow I swung intoday as my meeting was at four and it was only 3.

I walk inside and it's looking to be like I expected...crap everywhere; ice skates and ski boots slung all around, bikes stuffed anywhere they could fit. Most of the bikes were mid range hybrids, but there were a few nice mtb's (orbeas and a tomac or two...even a KHS flite.) I start talking to the owner and it seems he's a rider through an dthrough...races cyclocross and was at the nat's when I was last Dec. We know a few of the same folks it turns out. I start poking around and spy an old Viscious Cycles fully and , Hey, what the hell is that? Ah...a '97 Ritchey Cyclocross bike sporting full ultegra...hmmmm...whoa, is that a ted wojcik? Hell yes, a Ted cyclocross frame just hung behind a few older Schwinn Paramounts...

Once I started digging, I couldn't stop...truly beautiful pieces fo functioning art stuck in the nooks of this place. Turns out Derek was a rep for Ritchey in '97/98 and that was his first demo ride...there were a few otther Ritcheys here and there too. Of course it didn't help matters that we both ride 54cm cross rigs and he offered the Ritchey cross bike to me for a nice price...I'm still torturing myself over it!

RJ

· Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
TOZOVR said:

RJ
Well what are you waiting for, give in, it's the only way to ease the torture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.