Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The frames will be manufactured by Billato in Italy. They will reveal the bikes Monday the 10th in Bordeaux,the day of the Etape.This particular frame is a carbon and ti mix. I like the colors on this particular frame.

I personally hope he does well with this venture. I've always been a huge fan of his and glad he isn't just going to disappear like most.

I'll be picking one up when they come available.

·
gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
the frame should have some hair implants on the TT and maybe a wasp badge :wink:

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
SPINDAWG said:
Say what you want,but the classics are not he same without him.
Screw Museeuw. The classics haven't been the same since Roger de Vlaeminck

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
SPINDAWG said:
Say what you want,but the classics are not he same without him.
Ignore.

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
or similar to the tribute jersey they did for Tafi and

atpjunkie said:
Domo Farm Frites Livery and come pre splattered with Roubaix Mud
have images of cobbles throughout the frame.That would be cool!! I like your idea of splattered mud though...that would be HOT!

Who is Roger de Vlaeminck??????

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
atpjunkie said:
Domo Farm Frites Livery and come pre splattered with Roubaix Mud
de Vlaeminck is still cleaning pave grit out of his ears.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
SPINDAWG said:
have images of cobbles throughout the frame.That would be cool!! I like your idea of splattered mud though...that would be HOT!

Allow me.

Roger de Vlaeminck aka Mr. Paris-Roubaix

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_De_Vlaeminck

"De Vlaeminck rode Paris-Roubaix on 14 occasions, winning four times (1972, 1974, 1975, 1977), finished second four times, third once, fifth once, seventh twice and abandoned the race only once in 1980. His skill as a cyclo cross rider made him an expert on the tough cobbles of northern France which the race crosses. De Vlaeminck used the early season Italian stage race Tirreno-Adriatico as training for the Spring Classics, he dominated the race between 1972 and 1977, winning the overall classification on six occasions and taking fifteen stage victories in total.

Roger De Vlaeminck is one of only three riders who won all the five “Monument” one day races in their careers, the other two are fellow Belgians Rik Van Looy and Eddy Merckx. The five “Monuments” are Paris-Roubaix, Liège-Bastogne-Liège, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Milan-Sanremo and the Giro di Lombardia. The only major one day race he did not win was the World Road Race Championship, his best performance in this was second to the Dutchman Hennie Kuiper in 1975"

here, get one of these instead

http://www.rogerdevlaeminck.be/static/fietsen/2005roubaixcarbon.htm

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
SPINDAWG said:

That's probably a joke, but i'll bite:
4 Paris Roubaix wins
3 Milan San Remo wins
1 Tour of Flanders
1 Giro di Lombardia
1 Liege Bastogne Liege

Do you know what that means? He won all five cycling monuments. One of only three people to do it. Eddy Merckx and Rik Van Looy were the other two.

You can throw in 22 stage victories in the Giro, and one stage in the TdF and Vuelta.

And to top it off, his career over lapped with some of Merckx's career.

[Edit]
Beaten to the punch...

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info guys.

Sintesi said:
Allow me.

Roger de Vlaeminck aka Mr. Paris-Roubaix

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_De_Vlaeminck

"De Vlaeminck rode Paris-Roubaix on 14 occasions, winning four times (1972, 1974, 1975, 1977), finished second four times, third once, fifth once, seventh twice and abandoned the race only once in 1980. His skill as a cyclo cross rider made him an expert on the tough cobbles of northern France which the race crosses. De Vlaeminck used the early season Italian stage race Tirreno-Adriatico as training for the Spring Classics, he dominated the race between 1972 and 1977, winning the overall classification on six occasions and taking fifteen stage victories in total.

Roger De Vlaeminck is one of only three riders who won all the five “Monument” one day races in their careers, the other two are fellow Belgians Rik Van Looy and Eddy Merckx. The five “Monuments” are Paris-Roubaix, Liège-Bastogne-Liège, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Milan-Sanremo and the Giro di Lombardia. The only major one day race he did not win was the World Road Race Championship, his best performance in this was second to the Dutchman Hennie Kuiper in 1975"

here, get one of these instead

http://www.rogerdevlaeminck.be/static/fietsen/2005roubaixcarbon.htm
No way this guy was a doper.........huh? I'm just messing with you.Thanks again for the history lesson.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.