Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I liked Sheldon Brown's Gear calculator website not only because of the calculator, but also because it showed commonly available cassettes. Sadly Sheldon is no longer with us and the page hasn't been updated, so I was trying to find current 10/11 speed cassettes that are available from the big 3. Are there any webpages that list them in an organized comparative fashion? I started my own but I am sure it is incomplete:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EL-CvKfJ83x6e0E_gtQjkfAzU3iFQ9Ni

Equation Used: Radius of tire (340mm) / crank length (170mm) x chainring # / cog # x 10

The ratio between different combinations is unaffected by tire size and crank length.

Reactions: SystemShock

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Added the Shimano Junior gearing. Fyi the table looks a lot better on an ASCII editor because all the cogs line up vertically.

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
Too bad there aren't (AFAIK) 10sp cassettes intended more for commuters or cyclo-tourists.

A wide-range cassette like SRAM's 11-32 has too wide gaps, and the 11/12 are not very useful for that application.

A 13-32 or even 14-32 would be a lot nicer for those applications, used with 50-34 compact crank.

Eg,
13--14--15--16--17----19-------22-------25-------28---------32
or
----14--15--16--17----19----21----23------26--------29------32

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Added my own modified gear ratios. I used the convenient wheel to crank length ratio of 2 to make the 55x11 a nice 100 value. Again everything lines up vertically if you copy it to an Ascii file.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rearranged the list a bit and added the rather interesting new Shimano 11-32 11 speed cassette.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Christmas update! Added BBB cassettes, more chainrings, and color coded the first missing sprocket in each cassette.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.