Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Could I have a list of ti frame makers? Was thinking of getting a Ti Frame but not one from the more "marketed/popular" brands. No particular reason why actually, but I dont see the need to pay for branding if there are frame makers that have equivilent products at better prices.

Thanks in advance,

G.

· Registered
359 Posts
It's the other way around. I think the Litespeed frames are probably cheaper than the others. "Customs" like Seven and Serrotta, for sure will be more. Even frames from companies like Bianchi cost more than Litespeed. Litespeed simply makes more Ti frames than everybody else put together. Pretty good value.

· Registered
5,358 Posts
Flyte (was Airborne). Inexpensive, made in china, production frames only. Nice custom build web site though.
Habanero. Inexpensive, made in china, will do some customization.
Rich Gangl. Custom builder in Colorado, makes beautiful hand-sanded welds that look like filet brazed joints.

· Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
G_Man said:
Hi All,
Could I have a list of ti frame makers? Was thinking of getting a Ti Frame but not one from the more "marketed/popular" brands. No particular reason why actually, but I dont see the need to pay for branding if there are frame makers that have equivilent products at better prices.

Thanks in advance,

G.
If it's the value equation you're looking for, check out the Macalu's at Excel Sports and the Douglas' at Colorado. "Famous maker" stuff at private-label prices. If you are patient for the model-ends or are lucky in your sizing, you can score a good deal. They've also both gat great deals on some name brand frames.

· titanium junkie
667 Posts
Ligero said:
Black Sheep frames
Crisp
Dean bikes
DeSalvo
Omega
Strong
Paduano Racing

Those are few that I can think of off of the top of my head.
No Moots on your list? Dean does indeed make nice ti bikes at a resonable price but they need to improve their project management process a little.

· titanium junkie
667 Posts
danl1 said:
If it's the value equation you're looking for, check out the Macalu's at Excel Sports and the Douglas' at Colorado. "Famous maker" stuff at private-label prices. If you are patient for the model-ends or are lucky in your sizing, you can score a good deal. They've also both gat great deals on some name brand frames.
Got another vote for Douglas Precision Ti frames! Wondering how do they make ti frames so cheap in the US?

· titanium junkie
667 Posts
G_Man said:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance,

G.
What is your budget? It would be easier for us to narrow the list down based on your budget.

· Registered
778 Posts
Don't forget Kish. If I hadn't of gotten my Dean I would have probably gone with a Kish.

About Dean's managment issues, yeah not the best, but I have two bikes from them now (my roadie and a mtn. bike) and both were delivered in a reasonable time frame and were exactly what I wanted. Whatever they might lack in business organization they make up for in craftsmanship and value in my opinion.

· Registered
178 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
danl1 said:
Very true, I bought a '05 Litespeed Tuscany the first part of this year from Colorada Cyclist for $2600 with full Ultega, Easton ec90 slx fork, Easton cicuit wheels and FSA post, bar and stem.

· wheel to wheel
2,236 Posts
Here's a good list of ti builders.

In the US I think Jim Kish, Moots, IF, Seven, Spectrum, Strong, De Salvo, Chester (ss/fixed), Serotta, Davidson, etc. all do good work.

Of these, I prefer Kish and Moots and recommend Kish Fabrication as the price/quality is superb, he specializes in ti, and I have two of Jim's really excellent frames.
Beautiful work! :) :thumbsup:

· Registered
105 Posts
http://www.ntpbikes.com/
US made custom ti starting at $1500

I just got a Kish custom steel though, and if I wanted Ti and had the $ I'd go with Kish or Strong. Consider also that Kish is the Ti welding instructor at UBI's framebuilding school.

If you want to go the Chi-Ti route you can get ANYTHING you want through XACD for $650 or so. Or through a middle man like Habanero or Spicer for $900-$1200

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.