Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local bike shop has a Litespeed Archon (2008 model) with Campagnolo Record components and no wheels. They want $5,000 for the setup. I am also eligable for Litespeed's $350 rebate (which will basically cancel out sales tax).

I am really interested in buying a Cervelo S2, but I'm really tempted to get this Litespeed.

I'm normally a triathlete and am used to a Cervelo P2C, but I'm looking to get something for longer road rides. My main goal is to do four hour plus training rides. Comfort really isn't that big a deal for me (I can hold the aero position for hours after all).

Let me know what you think.

·
keep rubber side down
624 Posts
5000$. I'd personnaly get a 3000$ complete ti bike with excellent wheels for that price, and perhaps spend another 1000$ on fine all-around wheels.

But I'm not even rich enough to dreams those dreams.

So that's quite a mind buggin' question you've got there. I'm going back to fixing tonight's meal..

·
Höchstgeschwindigkeit
1,378 Posts
S2 will be a faster bike and less comfortable. Archon is nice a comfy and stiff enough too. I can get a frame,fork,Chris King headset for 3k from my lbs...i passed in favor of another bike. S2 sounds like it is more up your alley. S2 would not be my century bike of choice though. You should demo some other bikes as I think there are better choices for what you want to do. I'd ride the new Giant Advanced SL, Specialized SL2, and the Madone 6.5/6.9

1 - 3 of 3 Posts