Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
Showoff.

:)

Seriously, sweet ride. I've daydreamed about fixing my Litespeed - but I enjoy it too much as the main gearie. Maybe it'll graduate to the refinement of fixed in it's later years.

·
hello
3,395 Posts
My no-longer used 1993 Litespeed polished frame has been hanging off my garage rafter these past several months. Bought that frame new back in 1993. Although I already have several fixed gears in my stable, I think this frame will make a nice fixie........if I could only 'fix' my old set of Campy compatible Spinergy wheel, it'll be a cheap conversion...
Otherwise, I'll somehow try to coldset the rear spacing to 120mm so I can use my other track wheelsets.

·
Registered
57 Posts
roadfix said:
......if I could only 'fix' my old set of Campy compatible Spinergy wheel, it'll be a cheap conversion...

Assuming you're talking about a cassette-type free-hub, you could always weld up the back of the freehub and use spacers to get the cog you like in the right place. I did that over the winter for my first fixed bike and it's working great. I planned this as a short term solution until I could afford a proper hub, but this is working so well I may as well keep it this way.

Dennis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.