Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I got a Legend frame from the Serotta garage and love it. It is a great "all-arounder" and is my only bike. You will definitely be pleased, imho. Enjoy. Mine was a lightly used demo (could not tell that it had been built up) for $1,690. Bare titanium just like I wanted. Since I got it from Serotta it came with a warranty and I purchased crash protection. If you are interested, you should check into whether they will offer crash protection. I think they will as long as you supply an authentication from a Serotta dealer or a photograph with a dated newspaper. The titanium frame should last forever but that would be an expensive frame to replace if an accident occurs.

I hope to see you on the Serotta forum.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
dekindy said:
I got a Legend frame from the Serotta garage and love it. It is a great "all-arounder" and is my only bike. You will definitely be pleased, imho. Enjoy. Mine was a lightly used demo (could not tell that it had been built up) for $1,690. Bare titanium just like I wanted. Since I got it from Serotta it came with a warranty and I purchased crash protection. If you are interested, you should check into whether they will offer crash protection. I think they will as long as you supply an authentication from a Serotta dealer or a photograph with a dated newspaper. The titanium frame should last forever but that would be an expensive frame to replace if an accident occurs.

I hope to see you on the Serotta forum.
I might send my Legend TR back to the Serotta shop next winter for pannier mounts since the guy who originally ordered the frame didn't want them.

I take delivery of the Legend TR today, Tuesday, according to the UPS tracking site. I'll probably take some good photographs first, and find a place to give it a unique identifying mark...just in case.

I have really enjoyed bare titanium since I started riding Litespeeds because they are easy to clean-up with light chemicals, automotive brake cleaner being the strongest I use.

A dog strike is what I fear will cause a crash where I ride. I'm in a rural area with lots of fast dogs. Most of them know my routine and leave me alone, but I never lower my guard, and I carry a couple of large Mike Bones for those dogs who don't know me. I never try to outrun dogs--too dangerous.

I haven't sold my Siena on eBay yet despite lots of interest, but I know money is tight these days, and it is an XL sized frame. Too bad my son isn't big enough for it. He's in that growing stage where he needs a another bike every spring!

UPDATE(6/15): The Serotta I bought fits me really nice. It has a 72-degree STA, which is tough to find in a stock frame, but the Merlin Solis XL has it too. The Solis also has a low BB at 8-cm, which is lower than the Siena too. I really miss the low BB for city rides where I prefer to have my feet near the ground. My Siena, which did sell BTW, has a carbon seat stay, which soaks-up the vibration while riding over chip-seal. My Serotta also has a 72-degree HTA with a 45-mm rake fork, so it has roughly 6.40-mm of trail, but it rides well even with a gusting crosswind. I'm still satisfied with titanium as a frame material too. Summer has finally arrived up here, and it feels great to ride in bib shorts again. Blue skies!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.