Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at the new Litespeed Teramo and the price is about half of the other TI frames. Does anyone know why?

·
1/2 roadie 1/2 offroad
51 Posts
One word..... Tiawan? I know there aluminum bikes are made over there becasue I just got a Litespeed Hyperion and removed the "Made in Tiawan" sticker off of the head tube.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Not Taiwan...Tennessee

mtbcyclist said:
One word..... Tiawan? I know there aluminum bikes are made over there becasue I just got a Litespeed Hyperion and removed the "Made in Tiawan" sticker off of the head tube.

The Teramo is made in Tennessee as all Ti Litespeeds are. The Teramo is a great value as it utilizes tubesets from previous designs/year models to keep price low.

Basically the Teramo is a Siena sans Carbon rear end. The front triangle uses the same tubes as last years Siena/Tuscany. They offer it in only one configuration instead of kit options but it is a really good value. The Solano is the same story basically its an older design of the Tuscany.

·
I CAME I SAW I CONQUERED
181 Posts
Yeah what teoteoteo said........

teoteoteo said:
The Teramo is made in Tennessee as all Ti Litespeeds are. The Teramo is a great value as it utilizes tubesets from previous designs/year models to keep price low.

Basically the Teramo is a Siena sans Carbon rear end. The front triangle uses the same tubes as last years Siena/Tuscany. They offer it in only one configuration instead of kit options but it is a really good value. The Solano is the same story basically its an older design of the Tuscany.

The Teramo is a budget priced frame set and a goody at that.
I too was looking at the Teramo aswell but went with the Solano
instead as I liked the brushed finish better on the Solano than
the shotpeened finish (aft part of the frame) on the Teramo.

I didn't ride the Teramo but I'm sure it's a nice ride but
you should ride a few different models as they are quite
different.

I just rode a Tuscany today at the LBS w/campy Whoooa I
couldn't believe how much better it rode than the Solano!
Smooooth! The Solano rode very nice, better than my
98 Cannondale mtb (Al frame) w/only 30# air in the 2.1"tires

I'll be making the switch to the Tuscany on monday w/added $$$.

Good luck on your choice of rides. VÈÑÍ VÍÐÌ VÌÇÍ ™.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too was looking at the Teramo and its unbeatable price, but fell in love with the Siena, an additional note to the Teramo it is actually modeled after the Litespeed Ghisallo, Litespeeds flagship bike, geometry is the similar except for the 6/4 titanium. Teramo uses the 3/2.5 making it more afordable. Still handmade in Tennessee, so craftsmanship is still first rate.

Litespeeds are great bikes, support is great as well (my experience anyway) http://litespeed.com for more info on geometry, materials, etc..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Great bike, great price, but no options

Its a lot like the original '02 Siena (no carbon rear stays). But unlike the original Siena, this bike is painted up front and the rear is bare Ti, but has a cheaper and dull looking satin finish. It is sold as a complete bike, so you can't pick your fork, wheels or components. And since it is a compact, sizes are fewer.

If it fits and you like the specifications, its a great bike at a great price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Terramo frame for $995

$995 for an 05 I think is reasonable, maybe you can haggle a little bit more? My cousin was able to get a Siena frame (no fork) 04 for the same price - a store in LA was clearing out some 04 frames when he happen to come across it. You can maybe negotiate to have seller throw in a fork with the frame sweetening the deal??

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts