Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
If this is true....

brendan rocks said:
i'm useless when it comes to bike knowledge...
....you need to visit a bike shop, not an internet site or ebay. FWIW the last time I visited Montreal there were lots and lots of bike shops who should be able to help you with everything you need.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm betting the guy wants at least $200-250 for the bike. Figure another $50 min for shipping. Theoretically it could be worth that. You could easily fall in love with the bike, which makes that price range a bargain. Then again, with as little info as is presented and so few pictures it could be a giant turd. Definitely ask for more info and better pictures before bidding, and get some firm shipping/handling numbers. The guy also only has one feedback. It's been about 6 years since I got e-screwed on a bianchi purchase from L.A. that never materialized. I lost only about $150 but it still stings to this day.

I would try and find someone selling one localy, or at least someone that will let you ride theirs to see if you like it. But I would definitely be prepared to spend at least $200 for a cool used fixte and at least $500 for something new.

·
Registered
157 Posts
brendan rocks said:
okay, i know everyone kinda hates these threads, but i'm useless when it comes to bike knowledge... can anyone tell me about this bike, and if it seems worth bidding on?
This guy has never sold anything on e-bay, uses crappy pics and doesn't tell you what the shipping is. Run, don't walk away from this. There will be loads of bike shops in Montreal that could outfit you with a built up budget FG bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.