Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey amigo,
If John Edwards drops out you win! I can't take it anymore ahhhhhhhhhhhh aHHHHHH AAAAHHHHH CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, uncle! uncle! uncle! lol

So, lets see that will be 2 new tires

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
Hey Carbon ol' buddy

I don't know if you saw my post below, but to give you a fair shot, I thought we would extend this through the election. That is if you're game and/or don't plan on voting for Bush ;)
Say what happened to the booze offer :confused: Just kidding. I also think I owe you some info on dining out in NYC. How are you with sushi? There's a place in Tribeca I've been going to since the late 80s called Zutto. It's down the block from Nobu. The food is excellent and the bill, as opposed to the one they hand you in Nobu, isn't a mortgage payment. You may even get a glimpe of a star or two and the atmosphere is laid back cosmopolitan. Met John Kennedy at the sushi bar on a few occassions and my wife and I met Michael Imperioli (Christopher in the Sopranos), sitting at the table next to us. Funny thing about that is, I met him again the next day when he was filming an episode down in the Atlantic Highlands, NJ - the episode where Tony was looking at buying a shore house with a berth in the backyard. I was doing a 60 mile out and back out of Sandy Hook when I came across the shoot. He was standing in the front yard and I road up to him and took off my helmet. He looked at me and I guess after refreshing his memory said "Hey the sushi was great last night at that place! Say what the heck are you doin' here on that bike?"

Any way the sushi is great there as well as their place in the village called Zutto Too. If you like steaks there's always The Old Homestead, Morton's, Keen's and of course the infamous Spark's where Big Pauly Castellano didn't even get a chance to have a last meal.

Let me know if the deal is still on or I'll just take a pair of Michelin Pro Race :D Also let me know if you need any more help in the dining department:)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course Of course!

I appreciate your generousity in the matter. That is allowing me take at least another canidate =)

In anycase the Grey Goose is a must for anyone with taste! I will be on the upper East Side and I'll give you the address I'll be frequenting. Sushi is by far my favorite food. Although Dungonous crab ius a close second! My friends have alot fo the same stories about celebs. It is pretty funnny though about you and Chris from the Sopranos. Stay in touch buddy and I look forward to muckn about in the city

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
I'm ready to hang any time

For someone who doesn't really travel in the same circles as the R&F, I have bumped elbows with quite a few celebs - literally. I practically knocked over Barbara Feldon (Agent 99 from Get Smart). Coming up from the subway one day, I turned the corner and we both got a full frontal. I held on to her and she held onto her groceries. She was nice about it, smiled and said "We both should slow down. Life's too short to be in such a rush." I bumped into Sigourney Weaver as she was exiting a taxi. I just parked my car and turned around to look at the parking sign and bam. No harm no foul. She just gave me that awsome smile. She was in spike heels and looked to be about 6-4. The strangest encounter was Martin Sheen. I was on a date. We were cutting through Rock Center during the holidays on a mild night. It was after midnight, so the tree was out and the place was like a ghost town. My date was looking at the tree and I turned to check to see if the side entrance to one of the buildings was open and again I bumped into someone. It was this little guy in tennis whites. Really, he was in tennis whites and looked to be carrying a squash racket and gym bag. I said hey and he just smiled. I turned to my date to point him out and when I turned around again he was gone. Just like that, he disappeared into the night like a leprecon. I was kind of surprised at how small he was. I am only 5-8 or so and I almost towered over him.

I have more. They're better stories with half a load on. Robin Williams was a real scene at Studio 54 :cool:

Send me an email when you know you'll be in town. I always have time for sushi at Zutto :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts