Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting July 1, 6 buddies of mine will ride from San Diego to D.C. to raise money and awareness for the fight against cancer. The ride covers 3300 miles and will last 33 days. There will be “mini tours” for people in the towns to join in and ride. A film crew will be following the ride and filming in H.D. for the Discovery network. Check out the web site and follow along as they cross the U.S. There will be video updates. Go to the blog and check it out, scroll down to the tribute to Christopher Campbell. Christopher is the grandson of a friend of mine. This is why they ride.

Thank you,
Cary Russell

http://www.livestrongacrossamerica.com/home.html

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MB1, don't know...

You know, of all the discussions I have had with the guys I have never heard a total. I am sure they have a goal, but I don't think it is even on the site. They have some great sponsors and ideas on the site. BTW, where are you, I have been out of touch as of late. Love your reports. Can relate to the humid rides.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But a dry heat?

Yes, hot. The other problem is they will not be able to leave at the crack of dawn. They have booked all the local morning shows for interviews. They will need to stay motivated and hydrated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.