Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
A from Il said:
I wouldnt care if it was on a Huffy. It is a great cause for a horrible disease.
+11ty

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
I'd bet most people out there aren't aware of the friction between Armstrong and LeMond, so for most it's just supporting LiveStrong.

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
Einstruzende said:
I'd bet most people out there aren't aware of the friction between Armstrong and LeMond, so for most it's just supporting LiveStrong.
I'm not but then again, I dont pay much attention to things that dont involve me. :confused:
Obviously that dosent. Probably plays out like some king of soap opera anyway. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not a huge Petty fan either but this is one He77 of a cause I will support also. http://www.victoryjunction.org/aa_home/index.html

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think we all agree that its a great cause.....but I'm abit shocked that its on a Lemond. Its still worthy, no matter what Lemond thinks of Armstrong.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Once upon a time, there was peace and harmony

I was at a LAF year 3? function. Party at Lance's house, Lemond was there. We talked for a few minutes about bikes. This was pre TDF victories. It was good then.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
I'd like a sticker for my bike that sort of has a LiveStrong/Armstrong theme.

·
Large Suburban Male
3,599 Posts
A from Il said:
I wouldnt care if it was on a Huffy. It is a great cause for a horrible disease.
Good point.

However, you might be bringing bad cycling kharma down on yourself by mixing references like that.
Or, your bike may burst into flames.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
ARP said:
I was at a LAF year 3? function. Party at Lance's house, Lemond was there. We talked for a few minutes about bikes. This was pre TDF victories. It was good then.
LeMond has a house near me. My wife (who I met at the Tour De LeMond / DuPont back in '91 or so) was working on a real estate closing for him a couple years ago - she's an escrow officer. He wasn't coming to the closing in person but was going to be signing some papers she was mailing to him. She sent a letter with "our story" and asked for an autograph - what's one more signature for a couple biking fans? He couldn't be bothered.

A friend or mine also watched him try to get a young female desk clerk's phone number as his wife waited outside in the car.

As far as I can tell, he's a d--k and I wouldn't honor one of his bikes with a LAF sticker.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Autospirit said:
Is that somewhat humorous, or very bad taste?
Better than a deadhead sticker on a Cadillac.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts