Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have the local frame builder build a SS and I think it will have relaxed geometry because I like to ride distances as well as commute. Do you think an integrated rack would be a good idea? I plan on carving the lugs myself and also will have fender eyelets. What else would be something to consider? This is down the road somewhat but I want to consider all options.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
commutenow said:
....Do you think an integrated rack would be a good idea? ....
How about just buying a rack from Bruce Gordon and having the braze-ons placed perfectly for that rack? Heck you could even have the rack and frame panted to match...

commutenow said:
...I plan on carving the lugs myself .....
WOW!!!

commutenow said:
..... This is down the road somewhat but I want to consider all options.
I don't know about you but I can hardly wait!

Get pix of the frame in progress (and naturally, post them here!). :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
commutenow said:
I am going to have the local frame builder build a SS and I think it will have relaxed geometry because I like to ride distances as well as commute. Do you think an integrated rack would be a good idea? I plan on carving the lugs myself and also will have fender eyelets. What else would be something to consider? This is down the road somewhat but I want to consider all options.
Are you talking permanently integrated with the frame as in welded to the frame or are you talking custom rack built specifically to fit your bike and your requirements but still bolted on?

If it's the second one, sounds like a great idea- you get whatever you want and need.

If you're going to all the trouble of hand carving yer lugs, a custom rack doesn't seem like a big stretch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts