Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellow Golden Staters. Talk to your state Assemblyperson and/or Senator and tell them toback AB 1941. It's a bill to help protect cyclists.makes it unlawful to dangerously pass cyclists when there isn't room.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
atpjunkie said:
hey fellow Golden Staters. Talk to your state Assemblyperson and/or Senator and tell them toback AB 1941. It's a bill to help protect cyclists.makes it unlawful to dangerously pass cyclists when there isn't room.

Sounds good to me. I've been buzzed way too many times while going to work/school. Is there any way to really enforce this though, rather than having a cop just happen to see this happen? Can people be reported?

joe

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I wonder if it's coming out now

because of the tri girl here in SB that was run over by a passing dump truck.

She was climbing Girbraltar (which is the big well known climb in town) and at the steepest more narrow place a dump truck or other heavy vehicle tried to pass her.

One bobble on her part and she was down and run over. Was conscieous afterward and said she felt pretty bad inside. She died. Wonder if it's because of this case it's being put out.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes she was the inspiration

Bill came out of Santa Barbara

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
Done and done. I just talked to reps at Gilbert Cedillo's office and Jackie Goldberg's office.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thx Snake

if it works you can git one going where you are. anything to protect we patriotic,oil junkie fighting cyclists

·
Registered
69,526 Posts
atpjunkie said:
if it works you can git one going where you are. anything to protect we patriotic,oil junkie fighting cyclists
The way Texas law reads, the cyclist can take the lane if there isn't enough room to pass. That is what I do but I also get out of the way when I can so I'm not obstructive. Most close passes are because we concede the lane, the law may be different in CA.

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
As a recent immigrant to this lovely state, who should I talk to as a San Francisco resident. Not that this law will be a tough sell for them, but I may as well throw in another vote.

Silas

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
go to the CA.gov page

and look up your state Assembly person. They have a search function. You type in your zipand they'll direct you.

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
atpjunkie said:
and look up your state Assembly person. They have a search function. You type in your zipand they'll direct you.
Thanks!

Think this is worthy of a cross post to general discussion?

Silas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts