Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Dirty. Nerdy. Unemployed.
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd start a thread with a discussion on kits of local teams you like, or possibly don't like. Who knows, maybe one day you'll see a copy of your kit far from home...

I'll admit I'm partial to the University of Texas kits.

Texas Tech is amusing in their own Rock Racing sorta way - though they do look sharp

Couldn't figure how to embed this one, but a local team, Wooly Mammoth always has flashy and entertaining kits:
https://www.firstpics.net/gallery/7802423_ZSw2B#506594011_DwNtx

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I think you avatar is funnier than sh_t! I am assuming it Ms Hatch inspired.

·
Registered
797 Posts
seeborough said:
Brown? Seriously?
Yea, you know, like a UPS truck... Maybe they're looking for some sponsership?

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
those UT kits are fuglier than a red headed step child.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Nice thread...And nice avatar!! :D

I am partial to the look of my own teams' kits. We tried to copy Steijn Devolder's Belgian National Champion Quick Step kit, and it so happened our sponsor used those colors in their products...

·
Registered
494 Posts
wow. you can really tell that all these riders and jerseys are totally pro. I mean, i couldn't even tell if this eas a professional race or not. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
gotta say that I love those Vitamin cottage kits! Good colors, not too drastic.
the Wolly Mammoth kits from the earlier link, THAT's drastic. I think I'd feel stupid wearing that kit.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
I saw this thread and the Woolly Mammoth kit was the first thing that came to mind. Very Cipollini-esque. You gotta have the cojones to wear that kit.

Too bad you always see those guys going out the back.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
Here's one from a few years ago. This rider is now on the Jelly Belly Pro team. At 6'6", he has "Big Bird" power.

(PS this is my team, also)

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Nice Grumpy. Here is my fave, although we're not eaxctly "local". HUP kit comes in various incarnations, but this is my fave; HUP Noir.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
And the "Blue"

·
Registered
420 Posts
Burnt Orange...photo isn't that good...

seeborough said:
Brown? Seriously?
Brown? University of Texas? Brown? It's burnt orange. The picture certainly doesn't do the color justice. Granted, orange ain't much better than brown. But brown this isn't.

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
I'm in Idaho Falls, Idaho and there was a kid with us last Monday that had on a UT Longhorns kit.

·
OUTLAW BIKER
463 Posts
FatTireFred said:
whte shorts/bibs? seriously?
Yeah.... white?????????
I once, in over 20 years of riding wore white.... never again.
Looked like a crapped my pants, the black seat kinda made the white ... well not so white :eek:

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
He's a stud.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts