Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems like kind of a silly question to ask but I have nowhere else to ask it. I have been planning on riding the second day of the Brisbane races on the 29th. Then I went to register and the 5 race is closed but I could register in the WL which I assume is the wait list. This is my first race and I really dont know how these things work so I am asking what are my chances of getting in the race? What do i do? just show up prepared to race and then maybe not get the chance? I have been looking forward to it for some time so I am hoping to still ride.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey Tron! E5 races tend to fill up pretty quickly, so if you have other races you'd like to race, I would suggest registering early.

In my experience as a race promoter, I've found that typically about 5-10% of the pre-registered participants don't show up. So for the E5, I'd say if you're in the top 5 on the waiting list you're very likely to get in.

If there are cancellations prior to the race, the promoter may fill those spots from the wait list in advance.

Otherwise, show up for the race, check in with registration, and they'll tell you how to proceed.

Good luck to you. Brisbane is a great little course -- nice hill, sweeping, fast descent, and just enough technical stuff to keep everyone on their toes.

Lorri

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I guess I will just hope that spots open up.

I heard about the Menlo Park Crit too late or otherwise I would have tried that as well.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I have checked it out. I guess I didnt realize how quickly the races would fill up especially when they talk about registration the day of the race.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.