Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Saris Bones 2 bike rack for my trunk. (small convertible makes roof and hitch racks a no-go).

I like it, but now I'm wondering about getting the lock accessory that comes with it. It's the 8 foot cable lock (below).

Any recos on whether it works? How does it lock the rack to your car? I couldn't figure that part out, but it claims it does? If it can't do that, it's no different than any cable lock, is it? Does it presume I have something in the rear of the car to loop it through or is there some trick to it that I'm missing?

Does it do a passable job? Not planning on parking in the ghetto and leaving the car for a couple days, I'm just looking for something secure enough that I can stop in a highway rest stop and not worry if the bike's going to be there when I get out.

· Registered
1,055 Posts
All we nood is use a cable and run it through the main open bar, where the straps run, and run it through both bikes. We then run the cable down to the tie down loop under the rear bumper of our Mazda and lock it there using a small cable lock. I'm sure a pair of cable cutters would make simple work of the cable lock, but it deters the walk-bys...

Rich

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.