Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contrary to most Hugh Grant films, it does not often snow in London. As there's no cold weather infrastructure and little experience, when it does snow, there is chaos.

Sadly I had a puncture on my frankenfixed on the way home last night. Howeverr, due to laziness my rigid stumpie mtb still had knobbies rather than street slicks - perfect for a rare snow commute!

I decided my route in would be longer, slower and 1/3 offroad. When I left there was 3'' on the ground and it was snowing hard. The snow was wet and heavy. First stop was nursery - a 10 minute walk from home.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaaa.............

Snow rules, a winter without snow is like a summer without heat (oops wait; I forgot you are in England.....)

·
MING
419 Posts
oh my gosh, the snow has made all the drivers crazy. theyre all driving on the wrong side of the road! thats dangerous.

i like to ride in the snow. it is so quiet. i didnt see a return commute, so ill assume youre at work. good luck getting home

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,498 Posts
How come all the vehicles are on the wrong side of the road? :D

Where are the pick-up trucks? I've never seen so many roads without at least 1 pick-up?:thumbsup:

Looks like great fun!

·
Who needs a map?
2,527 Posts
It doesn't look like your laundry is drying too well out on the line. Did you wear one of those helmets?

Thanks for posting - looks like a fun ride.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Great pics, but looks rather slick! Tight traffic in those last shots. I bet you were happy the roads were just wet and not snow covered in downtown.

·
Have a nice day
5,893 Posts
Nice pics, thank you for sharing!

Every time I see photos of England it reminds me of the Pacific Northwest here in the USA. Like you, we don't get snow often but when we do it creates havoc. Beautiful havoc, but havoc nonetheless.

Oh yeah... your drivers are on the wrong side, etc. :rolleyes:

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Holy smokes! It's one thing to split lanes in good weather. I couldn't imagine doing that here if there was snow on the ground. I'd be hit almost instantly!

Nice pics.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.