Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For part 8, see here. (This was the day I picked up my new camera from Joe and had some fun shooting some pictures earlier on in the day. And also met a new friend.)

I meant to upload the next set sometime back but was also running out of flickr space and put it off for sometime. Then I got lazy, and busy, and lazier, and busier etc etc etc.

So anyway..... Here's the next set of photos from my US trip back some months ago.

I had already gotten some shots from the day and a nice scenic bike ride in on a scorcher of a day (88F or so IIRC. Well, all I know was that I got a slight sunburn on my face from standing out near Disney Way talking to my new friend. It was a classic, cloudless day in sunny Southern California after all) so I wanted to head out and try my hand at some night shots.

Of course, this was my first time so I got many bad pictures that weren't sharp due to hand movement and such. (Not that I'm better now but I can definitely hold my camera more steady and know how to mess with the settings a lot more to get somewhat more decent images)

I made my way down to Downtown Disney since the ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) did go to The Block at Orange and I wanted to take the shuttle rather than the OCTA bus just because I never went via that route before.

The first few pictures are from near my hotel (pretty near the Santa Ana Freeway that is the bridge that you can see in one of the shots. At least, I recall that is the Santa Ana Freeway. Right Joe/rward etc??)

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next 2 are from the ART waiting area at Disneyland.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I went to The Block and talked to my friends over there for a little bit before I just walked around and took some shots just to play with the camera.

My buddy there is actually a pretty darned good photog and artist to boot so he gave me some tips on shooting the fireworks for the night as well.

His girlfriend looks a little like actress, Sara Ramirez from Grey's Anatomy (yes I'm a fan of the show) and I only realized it that evening so we talked about it for a bit.

Here are the pictures that accompany this post. By the way, the picture is of Sara Ramirez and not my friend's girlfriend.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After that, I headed back to Downtown Disney just to check out the place yet again and try shooting and also to check if Quicksilver store girl would be there.

The ART driver was the same cool guy who dropped me off earlier and we continued our chat from where we left off. He's a nice guy from what I could tell and definitely fun to talk to as well. I recalled the both of us making fun of Michael Vick and him saying he could understand since Vick was from a ghetto area in his younger days so the roots could have remained with him.

I rushed to the huge multi story car-park to get some fireworks shots but un-friggin-fortunately, it was cancelled due to 'winds.' Great.

I did take photos from the high vantage point but I didn't know much about the settings and such back then to get decent stuff and even with a mini tripod, it was still pretty shaky (gorillapod to be precise).

Oh well. I hung out at the Quicksilver store a little while more and made a new friend for the evening, Patrick, another cool guy.

So, without further ado, here are the remaining shots from the area:

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
My mom was born and raised in Santa Ana. I was born in Westminster and remember living in a house where we could see the fireworks from Disney every night. That and the beach are just about all I can remember.

About time you started these up again. :)

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lets_ride said:
My mom was born and raised in Santa Ana. I was born in Westminster and remember living in a house where we could see the fireworks from Disney every night. That and the beach are just about all I can remember.

About time you started these up again. :)
Well, it had to coincide with your exams finishing :) :thumbsup:

Santa Ana does have some nice parts that I've passed through rather frequently while I was back there but there ain't anything much actually.

My favorite city in Orange County would have to be Newport Beach just because I really love the beach, the area and well, it's proximity to other places ain't bad either.

Really nice place.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Was wondering what happened to the continuation of the series. I see those palm trees and think how much I'm tired of the cold and wind.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ridgetop said:
Was wondering what happened to the continuation of the series. I see those palm trees and think how much I'm tired of the cold and wind.
Well southern cal can be "cold" too. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts