Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a replacement road frame that uses long reach calipers, similar to the All City Mr Pink. Not picky at all about material, just not finding many options out there that are more in line with a road racing geometry just with some beefed up tire clearance.

I know things are going the way of discs but being a person of the flatlands I'm not interested at the moment to make the switch.

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
Budget? Pretty much any custom builder could do that. Just a hunch but look at Gunnar for non custom. Not sure but they might have something like that.

I think your challenge with non custom is going to be "road racing geometry". I don't think there's any market for long reach brakes on a racing geo frame but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to keep it under 1500 as if I went over that I may as well bite the bullet and go disc with all the options out there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gunnar Sport looks like it checks all the boxes, I'm sure someone has thrown one into a crit somewhere..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
.. On third look the bb on the Gunnar sport may be a touch low as I run a 180mm crank.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am interested to see what else is out there too. I wish the Mr. Pink was still produced. I just got a pair of Derby carbon rims, the rim brake version, and am looking for frames that are reasonably priced and give plenty of clearance for the 29mm outer width, 22 internal, and can take 28c tires, and may even 30c.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All that I have found stock are the Gunnar Sport and Black Mountain Cycles Road+ (and the all city mr pink classic).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts