Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The frame seems to have been repainted, of course with no indication of who the maker of the frame is. All parts are Campy, except the cranks are Shimano 600. Oh, and Cinelli bars. The serial numbers on the BB is barely visible and I believe the first digit is missing (not that it would've helped?). I'm ASSUMING there is no way to find out the frame brand, correct?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
merckx - Sorry, I am not too bright on the terminology, but what do you mean by the inside of the fork? Here are some lug photos:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Post a pic of under the bottom bracket.

·
Boobies!
8,163 Posts
Interesting frame & looks to be nicely made.

I can't find an intro date for those Campy vertical drop-outs--they were fairly rare on bikes of the vintage of yours (late '60s?-- judging by the 120 spacing, fork crown and few other things--including a Holdsworth catalog that offered the verticals in 1966) Because of those dropouts this would make a better road bike than a fixie...

Maybe someone will recognize those cut-outs in the lugs--I have never seen that tear-drop shape before...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'd really like to set it up with gears, but I don't know how hard getting 5/6 speed components will be (or how expensive). There is a local guy selling some Campy Valentino set up, though.

Here is the pic of the bottom bracket. Paint is pretty bad and the numbers are not very clear.

·
glider
247 Posts
Atala

My guess would be that it could be an Atala. That is only a guess. The BB is similar to mine but I know that may not mean anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How do we know it has 120 dropouts? Regardless, they lasted well into the 70's I have a frame I got in '75 and it has that width. Those are good looking lugs!

·
Boobies!
8,163 Posts
sryanak said:
How do we know it has 120 dropouts?
Palu mentions this in his other thread re this bike. HTH

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, guys. Ok, a tiny bit more info.(nothing that helpful)--I was searching around and found a site (http://www.mytenspeeds.com/My_TenSpeeds_1/index.htm). The guy seemed to know a lot about older bikes. I emailed him and sent hmm a link to this thread. He had no idea, but asked me to measure the BB. 70mm = Italian, 68mm = French, English, Japanese, etc. Well, I measured it and it's 68mm. So not an Italian frame.

I've slowly started to gather parts. Hope to have it built up before riding season is over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts