Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having read Kaboom's message below got me askin questions. What if you put really really long break pads on? It would make sense that the pressure needed to have on a brake lever would decrease. So wouldn't it make sense to use longer break pads for riding in places where its really raining all the time? The wear and stopping distance should improve dramatically.

No? :confused:

Woof, :p , the dog.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm betting the opposite.

Woof the God said:
Having read Kaboom's message below got me askin questions. What if you put really really long break pads on? It would make sense that the pressure needed to have on a brake lever would decrease. So wouldn't it make sense to use longer break pads for riding in places where its really raining all the time? The wear and stopping distance should improve dramatically.

No? :confused:

Woof, :p , the dog.
I'm thinking for constant wet weather use you'd be better off using a shorter pad with a lot of pressure rather than risking a longer pad with less pressure water skiing across your rim.

Now it will be interesting to see what those smart engineering-type guys have to say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts