Oui!!

Jeannie Longo is a legend!

Once again, I am truly impressed.

félicitations, Jeannie!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Ageless....

Wow... A toast to a legend (I'm drinking wine at the moment)...

I'll be pulling for her to podium. Allez, Allez Jeannie Longo!!!

What other sport could a 49 year old be on the same playing field as a 20 year old??
Ned Overend was another long time ageless wonder.. I think he still competes?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Perhaps this says more about the others rather than something about her.

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
Sounds good at first, but her presence (past feuds with French Cycling Federation) keeps young out, even scares some off from ever trying. Once she leaves, I bet the young women will be stepping up more. Until then, it is weird.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Spunout said:
Sounds good at first, but her presence (past feuds with French Cycling Federation) keeps young out, even scares some off from ever trying.
Is there any evidence for this? Maybe it's just me, but this outcome doesn't sound logical or likely.

Sprocket - Matt said:
She's Incredible... Probably the best pro cyclist of all-time, huh?
I hope she medals, even if she isn't American.
I agree that she's incredible by any standard, but I think it's fair to say she hasn't faced the same level of competition that Merckx faced. Certainly the greatest female cyclist.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Spunout said:
Sounds good at first, but her presence (past feuds with French Cycling Federation) keeps young out, even scares some off from ever trying. Once she leaves, I bet the young women will be stepping up more. Until then, it is weird.
I don't agree... yes she does have her 'bad reputation' from years past, but so what... If she scared anyone off then I doubt they were strong enough to begin with to compete.. Bicycle racing is hard mentally and physically...

Looking forward to seeing to seeing her compete in the Olympics!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.