Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Looking to buy a new bike in the fall and I am looking for any input from anyone who rides or has ridden any of the above listed bikes.

I am 6'2" 190 pounds and I ride 200 miles a week. I currently ride a 06 Felt F4C with Mavic Elites and I am looking to up grade.

I also like the Cervelo Soloist Carbon, which I recently test drove.

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm about your size as well and just ordered the Look 585. Rode the Cervelo and Parlee, just found the Look to be the most refined ride. I'm coming off Litespeed titanium, and the Look ride justt as smooth, bit more efficient. Time will tell.....

·
Descender
2,213 Posts
I own a 585 - absolutely fantastic for my needs. 5'11" 160lbs. Also rode the Cervelo R3 found it too stiff over the long haul.

You have to ride them though, because at your size and weight the bikes will feel different for you than someone else. It's all about feel, comfort and your performance preferences.

Also when you get into the higher end bikes that someone spent a lot of money on, you are asking a religious question - Am I a Look believer absolutely!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
TomK said:
I currently ride a 06 Felt F4C with Mavic Elites and I am looking to up grade.
I am curious as to why you want to upgrade? Good for you for doing it, for whatever reason it may be, but can I ask if it is short comings in the Felt or just the lust for something new?

I own a F3C and have my own thoughts on the issue, but would like to hear yours.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like my Felt but I am looking to up grade and ride something new. I have always wanted a Look Bike since I am huge fan of Thor Hushovd and I recently tested one and it felt awesome. But I also like the R3 and the Supersix. I am currently waiting for the 2009's and would like to get the new Dura-ace.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
TomK said:
I like my Felt but I am looking to up grade and ride something new. I have always wanted a Look Bike since I am huge fan of Thor Hushovd and I recently tested one and it felt awesome. But I also like the R3 and the Supersix. I am currently waiting for the 2009's and would like to get the new Dura-ace.

Thanks
Thanks Tom. I love my Felt, but do find the geometry pretty "wound up". I don't think I would want to race on a different bike- something about the Felt that makes it very much a "racing tool" in my mind. But, I am lusting for a second bike to take out on long Sunday rides that has a little more patina to it- and maybe a softer ride.

I don't know if I would put the DA on a look, but whatever floats your boat!

·
Ron&Fez XM202/Sirius197
485 Posts
I just bought a R3 w/sram Red. Picking it up friday. I chose the R3 beacause it is exactly what I want/need in bike. I'm a heavy but strong cyclist. I hit 1000 watts during interval sprints. Too bad I'm about 25-30 lbs overweight. My current bike had a lot of flex at the BB. The R3 is stiff at the BB, yet somewhat comfortable due to the minimal seat stays. I would ride what fits your need, not who rides them.
Bryan

·
Registered
449 Posts
I tested the R3, and the Super Six. Ended up with the Super Six. It just felt better than the R3. The bike is super stiff, but more supple for all day rides. Plus it has a lifetime warranty, and no rider weight limit. Even though I might not hit the warranty weight limits for most carbon frames (6'1" 205), knowing there is no limited on the Super Six is reassuring as to its durability.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.