Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys & Gals

I have a 2005 585 that spends it's life in the garage when its not being ridden.. Its the nude carbon model. Anyway, the clearcoat is yellowing. I noticed it originally on the fork when I removed a Polar speed sensor. Underneath that sensor the silver "look" wording is silver while the rest of the wording has become yellow.

Has anyone else seen this? besides looking yellow I doubt this has any effect on the bike? I have no idea. It is probably just the clearcoat right?

Thanks.

· Registered
68 Posts
jimbonnet said:
Guys & Gals

I have a 2005 585 that spends it's life in the garage when its not being ridden.. Its the nude carbon model. Anyway, the clearcoat is yellowing. I noticed it originally on the fork when I removed a Polar speed sensor. Underneath that sensor the silver "look" wording is silver while the rest of the wording has become yellow.

Has anyone else seen this? besides looking yellow I doubt this has any effect on the bike? I have no idea. It is probably just the clearcoat right?

Thanks.
Unfortunately I have a same problem on my fork. That silver "look" sign start to yellowing and it's really pissing me off. I bought my frame in April 2005 and this is happening only on the fork. I will make a reclamation for this in Look, I suggest you do the same.
And this doesn't have any effect on bike, but it does effect me:mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.