Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts? It's a 2007 Look 585 Origin vs a 2009 Cdale SuperSix HM.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Hmmm, a tough one. I haven't ridden either bike but from a "desire" or "lust factor" standpoint, I would generally go with a Look. However, the 585 not being an Ultra version, I would probably go with the SuperSix in this case because I prefer the stiffer, racier feel. What is the pricepoint and what do you plan to do? Crit races? Group hammerfests? Sunday stroller?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I spent an afternoon riding a Super Six. The Six is a really nice riding bike. I don't think you would regret owning a one. But, I found a great deal on a 2 year old NOS Look ($1500,) and went that direction. And besides, my friends would never stop giving me grief if I'd have bought the Dale.

·
Sucker for carbon
266 Posts
Pegorider said:
I spent an afternoon riding a Super Six. The Six is a really nice riding bike. I don't think you would regret owning a one. But, I found a great deal on a 2 year old NOS Look ($1500,) and went that direction. And besides, my friends would never stop giving me grief if I'd have bought the Dale.
You got some cyclo-snob friends? Or just ones that would've judged you for spending so much? I'd've gone with the supersix hands down. BB30 and a hollowgram SL, please!

·
Registered
168 Posts
skaruda_23 said:
You got some cyclo-snob friends? Or just ones that would've judged you for spending so much? I'd've gone with the supersix hands down. BB30 and a hollowgram SL, please!

Ditto. The C-Dale is much better bike. The lugged carbon Looks were never extraordinary bikes, IMO. The SuperSix will be lighter, stiffer, faster, accelerate better and handle better. Doesn't have the Euro appeal as the Look, though.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
How much wear on each?

I'd get the Geo that suited me best but if that didn't decide it the Cannondale. I think mostly anyone who objectively rates frames would say that that Cannondale is better than that Look but it's not like the Look has any problems where you wouldn't like it. And even though the look hasn't changed 1 year old is generally a safer buy than 3. No certainly there though.

·
Registered
308 Posts
very different bikes. the cdale has a steep seat tube and short head tube. its very stiff but has some compiance. the look is a little taller in the head tube and 73/73 on the angles. little more traditional. its will ride a little smoother, but will not be as stiff (my cannondale is stiffer than the 585 ultra that i had). for me the cdale fits better b/c of my short leg so i can get the handlebar drop that i want. both are awesome bikes, but are very different

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
Sex factor goes to the LOOK. All else is up to you, you'll likely not find anyone here with long term experience with both exact bikes.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think it really depends on what you are planning on doing with it. I had a SuperSix, which I used primarily for crits and shorter RRs, and it was great for that. However if it was my only bike I could not imagine doing 500 miles a week on it, every week. For how stiff it was it was a pretty good ride, but it still wasn’t great and even so I think the geometry would take it’s toll on you over the course of a long season if you were doing serious training on it. Also while it corners very well, and I think its one of the best bikes out there for close pack riding, I felt it lacked a bit when climbing and on descents as well. I have not ridden the 585, but Looks have always struck me as good all around bikes for European style road racing, whereas the SuperSix is built more for short, fast, hard edged American crit racing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts