Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During our yearly neighborhood garage sale, the wife and I were tooling through the subdivision and I came upon this bike in someone's front yard with a "FREE" sign on it.
"NO WAY! Honey look at that!"

The tires were flat and there was a bunch of greasy gunk on it but it was in great condition. I cleaned it up and replaced the seat and pedals because I had the extra parts. I haven't spent any money on it. Oh - and I put the reflectors from my wife's new roadie on it to make it extra shiny.

I love it! It's uber-comfy and I can tow the kiddo's trailer with it.

I haven't figured out how to upload pictures and then add captions yet so, basically, it starts out dirty and ends up clean.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
i love "dumpster" finds. this past week someone had a trek 20" tire mtb out. but my nephew just got a bike and i knew someone else mor eneedy would come and grab it.

that bike looks less than 5 years old. seriously.
best part: GREEN!!!!!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i have yet to get a free bike.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Excellent find

Good for you. Really remarkable to find one that can be put in working order with NO parts replacement.

My rainy-day commuter is built on an old frame (probably 40 years old) that belonged to a friend's aged father. My friend was going to throw it out, but I saved it and converted it to a fixed-gear. It took a few parts, though, some old and some new.

My other fixed-gear is built on a bike that was almost free - five bucks at a garage sale. But all I could use was the frame.

Yours even has good paint; such a deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts