·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,268 Posts
One of the prettiest bikes ever made.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
frpax said:
Very beautiful! How can you not love Italian bicycles?
It's nice, but for whatever reason the Italian bikes just don't grab me like the French and English ones do.

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
Love that paintjob. Best looking race bike ever.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Love that Bottechia. Interestingly enough, a wierd guy who rode with our club back in the late '80's had that identical bike with full C Record Campy. He sold it so he could buy one of those cast magnesium bikes that looked like a bridge abutment. It was my size, he never told me it was for sale, and I could have killed him!

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
spaceboy said:
What a great looking bike. Anyone have an idea of what this bike will go for?
It's got fairly non-desirable parts. No one really actively seeks out shimano 600- it's solid, 99% as good as DA but nothing anyone wants.

Plus, it's been ridden. it's not perfect. Saddle is garbage, seatpost looks like garbage, tires look like garbage.

So, the parts will keep the price down. If it went for more than $750, I'd be shocked.

If it had C-record, it'd go for close to $2000.

·
Vintage cyclist
732 Posts
buck-50 said:
It's got fairly non-desirable parts. No one really actively seeks out shimano 600- it's solid, 99% as good as DA but nothing anyone wants.

Plus, it's been ridden. it's not perfect. Saddle is garbage, seatpost looks like garbage, tires look like garbage.

So, the parts will keep the price down. If it went for more than $750, I'd be shocked.

Agreed! And I still want it!

·
Bibo Ergo Sum
1,400 Posts
Nice bike but shimaNO on an Italian frame? Yuck.

buck-50 said:
I'd be amazed to see that. When I tried to sell my Somec with Super Record (unridden frame and gruppo) on there last year no one bid even half that amount. My Ciöcc w/50th Anniversary didn't break $2k and it was super clean.

The thing with eBay is that you never know what will happen. A couple of years ago I saw a well used Ciöcc Mockba '80 frameset sell for $1k.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Prices are depressed right now. A week or so ago a De Rosa 35th Anniversary w/complete C-Record pantographed parts, including Deltas, went for $1800, and it was in VG condition.

Good time to be a buyer, sucks selling.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Gorgeous. The lugged lining, chroming, and Bottechia font are hard to resist. Shame what BD has done to the brand image here in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
dbh said:
Gorgeous. The lugged lining, chroming, and Bottechia font are hard to resist. Shame what BD has done to the brand image here in the U.S.
love the original bottecchia! Same holds for the original guerciotti and masi! Don't know of other grand old Italian heritage builders that were resurrected under new ownership but I'm sure there are others I missed. At least with the re-emergence of these names, there is hope that one day a family member of the brands will try to buy it back and build the brand back up to it's previous glory! (hey I can pipe dream:))

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's down to everyone's taste. So many good bikes on ebay, but a real nice look is to see what is being sold on the European ebays, we don't see half the nice vintage bikes around and most European sellers don't send them overseas, something like the below. I've seen nice Italian but this Ellis Briggs cosmetically is very handsome, there are so many makers that most we don't even know of. Even the Bottecchia is being sold from Canada, they see a lot of bikes we have to search out to see.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts