Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Crossers!!

Meet my new Guerciotti Cross Force frameset. I've decided to venture into CX this year. The Cross Force was one of the three choices I had for project possibilities. The other two I considered for my build were the Ridley Cross Bow and VooDoo Wazoo.

I also bought a pair of Mavic Cosmos Elite and Avid Shorty 6 as added arsenal. :) Then for the drivetrain, I think I will be going for the Sram Rival group. Truth be told, my tendencies lean toward the Campy school :D . However, I also have this inclination to experiment and this was my chance to do so.

Here are pics!

Joe

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
Nice. You don't see too many of those around.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Nice. I have a few unprompted suggestions:
1) order a spare rear der. hanger. You have a very cool, unique frame, but that may mean a hanger is not available locally, so have one on hand.
2) buy some straddle hangers and junk the fixed-length thing that Avid provides.
3) Get some Koolstop salmon colored pads and set them up with a lot of 'toe-in' to avoid squealing.
4) enjoy. cool frame.

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

euro-trash said:
Nice. I have a few unprompted suggestions:
1) order a spare rear der. hanger. You have a very cool, unique frame, but that may mean a hanger is not available locally, so have one on hand.
2) buy some straddle hangers and junk the fixed-length thing that Avid provides.
3) Get some Koolstop salmon colored pads and set them up with a lot of 'toe-in' to avoid squealing.
4) enjoy. cool frame.
Thanks Euro-trash!

I'll definitely take note of your suggestions. Much appreciated.

Joe

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More Alan than Guerciotti bikes.

Kram59 said:
Nice. You don't see too many of those around.
Thanks Kram59!

I know what you mean, I see more Alan bikes over Guerciotti bikes out there.

Joe

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
damn sexy

nice frameset, that's gonna be fun to get muddy. :)
Good advice from Euro Trash, I too would get some spare hangers. You can get some cool tridangles on ebay for your shorties.

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

Phat&SlowVelo said:
nice frameset, that's gonna be fun to get muddy. :)
Good advice from Euro Trash, I too would get some spare hangers. You can get some cool tridangles on ebay for your shorties.

Hi PSV!

I'm looking forward for the completion of this build and have some fun in the mud.

Joe

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
I was looking into carbon cross frames and was looking at Guerciotti. There was a place online selling the x-crow full carbon frame for $1500. That is about half of what US sellers are retailing them for. I believe it was belitasport.com Don't quote me on the spelling, but that should get you close in Google. They also have the Colnago and Willier cross frames. They sell this particular model for $650

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
www.bellatisport.com

spookyload said:
I was looking into carbon cross frames and was looking at Guerciotti. There was a place online selling the x-crow full carbon frame for $1500. That is about half of what US sellers are retailing them for. I believe it was belitasport.com Don't quote me on the spelling, but that should get you close in Google. They also have the Colnago and Willier cross frames. They sell this particular model for $650

They do have good prices! I frequently browse their site. Lots of good stuff for possibly much lower price than we get here in the States. $674.73 bucks for the Cross Force frameset is definitely a fantastic deal.

Joe

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
Nice looking bike - where'd ya get it from? [mostly curious b/c I've been looking @ bellatisport.com , curious how badly you get hit on the customs fees, VAT, etc.]

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:)

bopApocalypse said:
Nice looking bike - where'd ya get it from? [mostly curious b/c I've been looking @ bellatisport.com , curious how badly you get hit on the customs fees, VAT, etc.]
Hi BopApocalypse!

I got it as a closeout deal from a bike shop in OHIO.

Joe

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No Gruppo Yet.

I haven't ordered the SRAM Rival just yet.... :) Hopefully I'll get done by next month.

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you

lampshade said:
Very very nice. Those wheels compliment the frame perfectly.
Hi Lampshade!

Believe it or not, I didn't plan on the color scheme. I knew what I wanted for wheels and it turned out to work just fine :)

Joe

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
those are great rides

and you chose the right one. great color and limited CF. Jonathan Page raced that bike about 2 seasons ago.
My only suggestion is ditch the avids. get some Froggleggs, Spookys or Pauls

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
just get some Centaur

and Go. I think going with Campy was the right idea. Grey Centaur would compliment the Avids if you choose to keep them

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yep, think twice about those avids ... they really DO NOT stop well. I had the Shorty 4's on my Double Cross for like literally 2 rides and ripped them off right after that!

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Dont sway me... :)

atpjunkie said:
and Go. I think going with Campy was the right idea. Grey Centaur would compliment the Avids if you choose to keep them
I hear you. I love campy stuff. Actually, I was thinking of harvesting my Daytona group from my 2005 Wilier to build this bike but a part of me is a proponent of variety. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the CENTAUR group (already have 2 bikes in our household with Centaur) and it was my knee jerk reaction to use Centaur in this build.

So, this new build opened a new window of opportunity to try out a new group. If it doesn't work the way I want, it would be easy to swap things around :).

As for the Avids, I'm new to this. I'm pretty sure the Avid's shortcomings will surface as I get deeper into the mud... I meant sport... :)

thanks again!

Joe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts