Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice that Competitve Cyclist is no longer offering Look frames? This is apparently related to Look's unclear USA distribution channel strategy post Veltec.

If you're a current Look bike owner in the US, are you concerned about future support?

· Registered
128 Posts
davis said:
If you're a current Look bike owner in the US, are you concerned about future support?
While this is a valid question, I certainly hope that this isn't the case. Look has opened a US leg of their company for a variety of reasons & I can assure that the support that you'll get from LOOK USA will be every bit as good as you're use to getting from Veltec.

I hope that Competitive Cyclist will continue to sell Look from here on out.

· Registered
8,116 Posts
I have greatly outridden my Look's warranty. I fail to see cause for concern. The only trouble with Look's business model is they are the last frame you will ever want to buy. I still have no urge to upgrade.

Tino Chiappelli said:
While this is a valid question, I certainly hope that this isn't the case. Look has opened a US leg of their company for a variety of reasons & I can assure that the support that you'll get from LOOK USA will be every bit as good as you're use to getting from Veltec.

· Registered
78 Posts
What A Relief !!!!

Tino Chiappelli said:

I am very relieved to hear that there will there still be good support for all of us who support the Look brand.
And if Look chose to do it themselves, then I am sure it will be done correctly.
Does anyone know if Look USA have a website yet, where we can go for contact information and pics of the newest frames?

Los

· Registered
273 Posts
Veltec appears to be hacks.

Thanks for the new website info.

The Veltec website was designed by a retarded monkey. One example, the Pro Athelete Gallery is coming December 2005. Ah, up to date I see. No link at all to the www.look-keo.com website, or at least offer the same great info. Every item had a barebones description. I guess Veltec didn't actually want to sell products.
If I knew nothing of Look, I would be completely turned off thinking they were a fly by night tiny niche company based on the website lookcyclesusa.com. No wonder Look dropped them.

· Registered
128 Posts
hairscrambled said:
All current dealer agreements must have been canceled July 1. It'll be interesting to see the 07 models and who's selling them.
Every attempt is going to be made to continue working with the current dealers base. If a dealer wants to continue to sell the line, they most likely will be able to do so.

· Registered
89 Posts
595 looks great

I was pondering which frameset would be my next purchase, and I have found it. I was thinking of a Pinarello Paris or a C50, but I am going to hold out for the Look 595. One Look at cyclingnews.com, and I am hooked.

· Registered
4 Posts
I just got the triathlon 496 frame and built up it is sweet, but I am looking to get another bike either colnago c50 or pinarello dogma FP, dunno which one is better?
also wondering if anyone is looking to buy a new pinarello anytime soon? I am trying to find some one to purchase as an order since you only need to buy two frames from pinarello to be a dealer+ save big$$

· Shoebomber
174 Posts
Wrench Scientist said:
Yes www.wrenchscience.com is selling LOOK frames and will continue to sell them. Take a look as the new 595 is up on the site.
Oh by the way I was building up a 595 out of boredom on your site yesterday during work and noticed that the 595 still requires the selection of a seatpost (FYI). Too bad that by the time I'll be able to afford dropping 6 grand the bike will be completely outdated...:(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.