Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if I'm missing something here but how do you install the Look KEO pedals. I have a Park pedal wrench but it's designed to fit flat sided spindle (for give description). The KEOs have a serrated portion where the wrench would normally fit. Can I just tighten by hand?

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Broomwagon said:
Forgive me if I'm missing something here but how do you install the Look KEO pedals. I have a Park pedal wrench but it's designed to fit flat sided spindle (for give description). The KEOs have a serrated portion where the wrench would normally fit. Can I just tighten by hand?
You use a large allen wrench, which goes in to the bottom of the pedal's spindle. I can't remeber the exact size, you do not use a pedal wrench.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,401 Posts
"The KEOs have a serrated portion where the wrench would normally fit"
That plastic thingy is the thingy that holds the axle in the pedal body. The only time you remove it is when you rebuild the pedal. ..(50,000 miles?) The tool is pretty hard to find.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wrenches...

The Cr-Mo spindle has a hole for an 8mm Allen wrench; the Ti spindle has a 6mm hole.

An 18mm box wrench fits the axle retainer. I got one at my local hardware store for a few bucks. Beats having to get a special tool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts