Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a LOOK KG381 and can get a good deal on a KG461 as a second bike but I don't have the opportunity to test ride one. I wonder if there is anyone out there who has ridden the 461 and 381 and can give me the differences as far as riding characteristics are concerened. I am also looking at a Giant TCR which I once had and loved but the LOOK is tempting especially for the price. Thanks in advance!

· Get me to In&Out
5,419 Posts
Hopefully this will get moved to the Look forum. Just a quick response though...the 381 is probably a higher end bike and will be on the lighter side of the two. If the new bike bug is biting, look at ebay as someone is blowing out a bunch of 555, 486, and 481 frames.

· Registered
10,161 Posts
I have both...

in the 51cm size. The two frames actually weigh the same, according to factory literature. The fit is nearly identical in this size, but there's a huge difference in the STA, so the 381 requires a straight-up post (for me) and a setback model on the 461. I actually think the 461 rides just a bit better.

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a C-40 also

C-40 said:
in the 51cm size. The two frames actually weigh the same, according to factory literature. The fit is nearly identical in this size, but there's a huge difference in the STA, so the 381 requires a straight-up post (for me) and a setback model on the 461. I actually think the 461 rides just a bit better.
How many brands of carbon bikes do you own or have you owned and how do the LOOKs compare in your opinion?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.