Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new pair of shoes and they are rubbing against the crank. I have moved the cleat as far to the inside as possible to give me more clearance but still not enough. Are their washers that you can use as a spacer and is it safe to do something like this. Are their adapters just for this issue?

Thanks

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
Well... you can always go fixed cleats.

Shoe rub is common amongst many cyclists. The correct adapter is those "skin" protectors for your crankarm sold on ebay.

·
duh...
9,749 Posts

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
I probably has to do about what shoes you are using and where the holes are placed for the cleats. You can use washers as you mentioned. Bring in a pedal to a hardware store to get the right size washer.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Q factor

hamonrye said:
Is the distance between the pedal and the crank arm. By moving your cleats in (which you have already done) you effectively moved the pedals out, which increased the q factor. So I am thinking it has to do about the shoes you are wearing and where the holes for the cleats are placed. I have messed with my Q factor, never did anything for me. I focus more on centering my cleats.

What shoes are you wearing?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Got big feet? I do, & rubbing is a minor issue for me. Like you, I've moved my cleats all the way to the inside, and that pretty much works for me. I wear size 48 wide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.