Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone currently using this pedal?Performance has them on sale, so I'm thinking of purchasing a set. Any comments?

Thanks,
BR

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
247/257 is pretty much my standard pedal (have a couple of 296/396 also.) They're simple, they work and they can usually be found on sale (they're at the end of their product life. If you like LOOK, they'll treat you well.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I have PP247's on both of my bikes...

I have PP247's on both of my bikes. The pair on my Klein are going on 4 1/2 years. The pair on my Colnago are brand new (I purchased mine at Performance on sale). I orginally had PP357's on my Colnago and I crunched a bearing at 11K miles. I surfed all the internet bike shops and Performance had the cheapest price, they are an old model, discontinued as far as I know. They are al bodied, sealed bearings, wide platform, durable, not the lightest pedal available (if that matters).
I don't know how many miles the pair of 247's have on my Klein (lot's). I installed them summer of '00 and they have held up fine. Good pedal for the money in my book. Only drawback I can think of is they don't have wide clearance if you like to hang yourself out when you are taking curves...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts