Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know u can take any bike across any state. I'm looking at a mountain to sea ride in NC. I have been thinking about getting a Diverge, but not quite there yet. So I have been debating this ride in the fall, and was wondering if I should buy a new Roubaix or get that diverge. I currently have and will keep a 2015 tarmac and a 2014 base model Roubaix. The current Roubaix is pretty much on trainer duty. So bottom line question, will the diverge be good bike for that 800 mile ride or more cumbersome than a Roubaix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
921 Posts
My carbon Diverge feels a lot more snappy than my old 2012 Roubaix and thanks to rear TA even more snappy than my Tarmac Sworks,go figure. Bottom line if I was to take such trip I would buy an hassle free Awol. Looks like you have enough bikes to cover your needs,an Awol may come at handy later on as a set it and forget it urban beater bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My carbon Diverge feels a lot more snappy than my old 2012 Roubaix and thanks to rear TA even more snappy than my Tarmac Sworks,go figure. Bottom line if I was to take such trip I would buy an hassle free Awol. Looks like you have enough bikes to cover your needs,an Awol may come at handy later on as a set it and forget it urban beater bike.
Sorry for the life of me I can remember what an Awol is. As for bikes, I love them and don't mind buying them if I can put together a good enough reason for it. My current Roubaix isn't something I would want to take unless I upgraded alot of components, and I rather just get a new bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts