Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
tdiclub Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the JTS for a pair of racing machines, they seem light enough at just over 3lbs actual 3.1lbs (for 56cm). My LBS team just signed on with Kona so price would be sweet. Other options include Orbea or what can be found via internet/ cyclocrossworld.
My orbea currenty is sweet this machine is light with the ambrosio crono/f20 record wheelset. Need to swing by the LBS to hang it on the scale but I am guessing 16lbs.
I'll post pics with confirmed weight.

I am thinking Kona with easton fork and campy 9 kit 46/39?
ideas and comments much appreciated...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Seems like it's hard to go wrong with the Jake, people seem to love that bike. I can vouch for the easton fork, I had no problems with it last year. It's a little on the flexy side for big riders, but I'm small so it was great for me. Just remember to toe the hell out of your front brake pads. I run the 46/39 chainring setup, it's ideal with a 12-25 cassette. You should send some pic's of the Orbea to Jeremyb for his website- 16lbs is outrageous!

·
Administrator
13,147 Posts
Love my Orbea cross bike- spent a bit extra and got it custom (more TT, different angles, sloping TT, name on top tube). Spent all week hammering out intervals and group rides on it, as my SRM was getting some warranty work done on it- so my road bike was out of commission.

I also like Redline's very hard to beat for the price.

:cool:

·
tdiclub Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good suggestions, my team/LBS just brought in kona and is the top seller for orbea, the orbea would be 1200 frame and fork or 1600 w/ veloce, I guess the Kona would be a good amount less than cost, same goes w/ an easton fork.

The carbon stay '07 Jake Major sound interesting, any pics or links?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.