Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, that's disappointing...I've ordered a pair of Vittoria Rubino Pros back on 5/1 from ProBikeKit, only to find my order stalled, and the the 'not in stock' quantity posted. At this point, I don't know if they're even going to put them back in stock!
So, I went to check domestics vendors, found that BikeTiresDirect doesn't have them, nor even Conti Sprinters in ANY size wider than 23mm.

So, I'm looking for roughly 28mm wide tubulars, but only with butyl tubes (already have a wheelset with latex tubs; nice tires, pain in the @$$ to keep aired-up). And, I'm hoping to get them for something less than $100 each, too (hopefully for less than $80, if that's not considered delusional today..). Anybody know where something might be available?

Oh, also, I'm not looking for:
Vittoria Rallys
Conti Giros
Anything Tufo
Anything cyclocross

·
Registered
353 Posts
Bike24 had the Schwalbe One 30 mm on sale for the longest time, maybe they still do.
They measured 29 mm at 4 ATM for me, no brainer at €20 a pop.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Looks like they finally sold 'm all.

The Continental Competition Pro LTD while not butyl has a very thick latex inner, loses pressure very slowly and still rides beautifully.

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info. I ended up buying a pair of Schwalbs in 27mm size. I've had great luck with Schwalb clinchers, but these are the first of their tubulars I've tried.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts