Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of older Continental GP3000 tires on my ride that are black in the center & brown on the sides. They ride great & aesthetically I really like this color combo on my bike. Unfortunately they are almost shot & I'm looking for replacements. It appears continental doesn't do this color or their newer 4000 version. Any other suggestions? Ideally nothing heavier than 230g per tire. Thanks

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Veloflex Master.

I've used their Corsa model and they are very good IF you want a light race tire. Not so much if you want something to take a beating and last forever. I think the Master is the same thing just with tan sides but I'm not certain of that.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
farva said:
I have a pair of older Continental GP3000 tires on my ride that are black in the center & brown on the sides. They ride great & aesthetically I really like this color combo on my bike. Unfortunately they are almost shot & I'm looking for replacements. It appears continental doesn't do this color or their newer 4000 version. Any other suggestions? Ideally nothing heavier than 230g per tire. Thanks
Challenge Criterium Open Clincher, 210G

·
Registered
8,224 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Jay Strongbow said:
Veloflex Master.

I've used their Corsa model and they are very good IF you want a light race tire. Not so much if you want something to take a beating and last forever. I think the Master is the same thing just with tan sides but I'm not certain of that.
The Master 22 replaced the Paves in name only, they are the same tire as the Pave, which have the most flat protection of their line-up, the same amount as the Corsa 22 (formerly the "Black" tire). Only difference between the Master 22 and Corsa 22 is the Masters have tan sidewalls, Corsa 22 have black. The Corsa (no 22) is a 20mm tire.

I have a set of Paves and love them. Haven't taken them off since they were installed and don't intend to and I have a set waiting in the wings for another wheelset. I've actually had good luck with them so far with durability.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.