Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas? I've never owned one and know nothing of them, so any advice would be good... will be a birthday present from the rents... although i am turning 30, so maybe i should up the price a bit... trying to keep it reasonable though...

thanks.

·
Looks fast, rides slow
266 Posts
I recently bought Polar M32 for $120, and it's been working great so far. It's a basic HRM with comfortable fabric-based transmitter strap, not the hard plastic kind.

Whatever HRM you end up getting, I'd recommend that you also get an electrode cream like Buh-Bump for good contact with the strap.

K-Zero

·
Registered
14 Posts
polar dismay

bought a Polar CS200 (for bike only) about 6 months ago and it's been very spotty at best.

The wearlink transmitter stopped working after 5 months, and now the speed sensor shut down. Both have to be replaced.

Whether it's warranty or not, it's very disappointing. don't enjoy sitting around for 2 months waiting for Polar to turn around the warranty process.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
bikerboy337 said:
Any ideas? I've never owned one and know nothing of them, so any advice would be good... will be a birthday present from the rents... although i am turning 30, so maybe i should up the price a bit... trying to keep it reasonable though...

thanks.
Look at this post. GPS + HR Timex BodyLink 5C391 + Data Recorder- 5G751 COMBO...$ 237.99 , or Edge #305HR..........................................$ 257.99

I've got the old Timex Bodylink with GPS and data recorder.. I am definitely going to get the 5C391 + 3d data recorder.

You can download to your PC afterwards to see what your HR was.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=53902

1 - 4 of 4 Posts