Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to change my saddle. The current one is an Ora Tour and I feel it is a bit to narrow for my butt at 130mm. I was thinking of a 140mm but I really want it to be red to match the rest of my bike. Not vanity, just personal preference for me. From the on line searching so far, all I can find in that colour are Team saddles and they are still narrow like my current one. I don't really want a team saddle as they cost more and I don't support any particular team.
Is there a red saddle out there for me?

· Registered
14,776 Posts
You are aware that there are a lot more differences between saddle models than just the width? They vary greatly in shape, and what works for one person may be terrible for another. A red saddle that doesn't fit your butt and riding style isn't going to do you much good when you're riding.

That said, Selle Italia does make the SLR in red, as the other poster noted, and at least two other models, the Flite gelfow, and the SLR gelflow (my personal favorite, but no telling whether you'd like it).

One of them might work for you.

· Adventure Seeker
5,123 Posts
Soma Ensho has a red one. I have the black, and it's the width you're looking for, and very very comfortable. Shaped similar to the Fizik Aliante, very light weight. The padding was very hard when it was brand new, but after a couple rides, was softened up just right.
It's been a wonderful saddle, even for century rides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.