Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do weekend, and sometimes week long trips with the bikes in the back of my van (no bike racks). I was thinking about hauling around a repair stand, and then thought that having something that could slip into my 2" hitch receiver might be a good idea.

There was an old post on mtbr from 2012 that mentioned Park Tool used to make one, but I'm not finding anything there or elsewhere.

I'm just looking for something simple, light, and that doesn't take up much space in the van. I just want to be able to throw the bike up for a quick maintenance check, adjustments, etc. Would need to allow the cranks to turn. would probably have to be a clamp/hang style stand, as the fork mount thing probably wouldn't work (as much as I love my Feedback Sprint in the shop).

Any suggestions?

Edit to add: I know Kuat and others make bike racks with integrated stands, but I don't want to deal with that much bulk and can't have the rack blocking access to the rear door on the van, so not interested in anything rack based.

·
Registered
174 Posts
For absolute simplicity I'd look into contacting a local metal fab to build one (example: Stodtmeister Iron). All you need is the 2" to go in the receiver and a vertical support/platform that you can bolt on one of the Park bench-mount repair stands (Bench / Wall Mount | Park Tool).

You'll be paying for the materials one way or another and I can't imagine the labor costs being ridiculous as I don't imagine you expect it to be pretty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.