Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

A few months ago one of the magazines I subscribe had a one page bike setup on a pro CX racer. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the guys name, but he was an American and if I recall correctly the bike was a GT. It would have been in Mountain Biking, Bike, Bicycling or Velonews.

Does anyone recall that article? If so, which magazine was it? (I've tossed that mag. so I cannot find it)

Do you know if that article is on the Web anywhere? I'd like to see the bike specs again.

Regards,
AC

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
anthony_coley said:
HI,

A few months ago one of the magazines I subscribe had a one page bike setup on a pro CX racer. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the guys name, but he was an American and if I recall correctly the bike was a GT. It would have been in Mountain Biking, Bike, Bicycling or Velonews.

Does anyone recall that article? If so, which magazine was it? (I've tossed that mag. so I cannot find it)

Do you know if that article is on the Web anywhere? I'd like to see the bike specs again.

Regards,
AC
If it was a GT, it was likely Todd Wells, the current U.S. cross champ. His bike isn't a GT though, it's a scandium frame made by a custom builder in his hometown of Durango, Co.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's him.

euro-trash said:
If it was a GT, it was likely Todd Wells, the current U.S. cross champ. His bike isn't a GT though, it's a scandium frame made by a custom builder in his hometown of Durango, Co.
Thanks!
AC

·
Registered
635 Posts
euro-trash said:
It was the February issue of Velo News (Geoff Kabush on the cover). The artilcle actually says that the frame was, "made by GT (in their overseas facility) of Xtrolite proprietary alum tube set w/ bead blast finish". Looks like they (GT) may have actually built these for him this time. I doubt they would go out of their way to explain all of this in detail if they didnt build it for him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts