Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The original plan was 105 cranks on a bike I'm putting together for my wife so I bought a Shimano BB5500 bottom bracket, triple, 9 speed. Plans changed when I found a good deal on a set of Ultegra cranks on eBay. Now I need to find an Ultegra 6503 bottom bracket, English threads, triple, 9 speed.

Best price I have been able to find is $45 at lickbike.com. What's interesting is that the Ultegra BB6600, 10 speed bottom bracket, can be found for $35.

Anybody seen a good deal on a BB6503? Anybody need a BB5500?

- Thomasbien

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
The 10 speed bottom bracket is really not the bottom bracket, but just the cups.

thomasbien said:
The original plan was 105 cranks on a bike I'm putting together for my wife so I bought a Shimano BB5500 bottom bracket, triple, 9 speed. Plans changed when I found a good deal on a set of Ultegra cranks on eBay. Now I need to find an Ultegra 6503 bottom bracket, English threads, triple, 9 speed.

Best price I have been able to find is $45 at lickbike.com. What's interesting is that the Ultegra BB6600, 10 speed bottom bracket, can be found for $35.

- Thomasbien

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Elviento.

Today I talked to a wrench at the store where I purchased the bottom bracket. He says the 105 BB I have is compatable with the Ultegra cranks. He said that he has personally installed this combo. So, I think I will just install what I have.

- Thomasbien

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think I may have one, unused at home I can sell you for 35 if you'd like. I need to check on the number of it for you. I was going to use it on a bike build, but ended up going with the double. Contact me at [email protected] if you are interested.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
thomasbien said:

- Thomasbien
Ultegra or 105 (or DA) with a 118.5mm spindle will work. BTW, I don't think that there is a 6503 BB, just 6500 with the two spindle lengths - 109.5 for double and 118.5 for triple. - TF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts