1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
698 Posts
I like my set, but I didn't know the smallest chainring can't go below 30 teeth.
See my other post.

I got my set at planetcyclery.com. Good service, recommended.

They are sold out of the silver groupset, but still have a couple triple cranks.. I suggest you call them about availability.

NOTE--the athena cranks needed a specialty crank puller to remove from the bike. But I've heard that the newer model/version is self-extracting.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think you might need Athena's replacement (Potenza) to get a self extracting crank bolt. Not sure though. I don't think there is a Potenza triple. (Yet?) The Veloce/Centaur/Athena crank puller issue is a PITA until you get set up for it. Your main options are:- never remove the crank; leave it up to a Campag approved bike shop; buy the Campag approved crank puller (cost is similar to the crank); modify an el cheapo puller to suit. Guess which option I chose? :) It took an evening of tinkering and filing to get a very cheap puller to do the job cleanly. It depends how handy you are.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
You can buy it part wise at Ribble -- they have silver cranks, shifters, FD and RD. No brakes though. Check ebay for that. I saw a set of silver Potenza brakes that would probably work.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Or Veloce brakes, they come in silver. They're pretty good, dual pivot rear, light but no fancy skeleton design. And cheap as chips of course!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts