Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone! I'm new to bike riding and i was hoping someone could recommend a good iPhone app that tracks my speed distance and may route?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm a fan of Cyclemeter because I don't want an online account to some service that might drop features or change pricing or get hacked. It just me and my phone. I paid for the update less out of wanting the extras and more to support the developers. With an online service there also comes the associated social interaction and, in my case specifically, the implied competition. There are only two questions that I feel are mandatory for me while biking: Am I having fun? Am I working towards being better than I was? I don't want to hurt myself to get on top of a borderline fictional list or despair that I'll never be cheered on by the unknown masses.

But I know I'm anti-social and I like having just enough numbers to catch moments and trends without getting bogged down in minutia.

·
Wandering
195 Posts
As the responses in this thread (& others) suggest, Cyclemeter is likely to be the best iPhone option for most people. Lots of features, configurable, user-friendly, etc.

However, due to iPhone limitations, it won't connect directly to sensors that only use Ant+ (get ones that are dual Bluetooth & Ant+) and if you're using it with display on, you'll chew through your battery (especially if your phone isn't new). However, as a backup in my pocket, even my 5S will last 6-8 hrs.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
just don't ever make the mistake of buying Ant+-only devices then. Mostly Garmin junk (and I do mean junk) on Ant+ anyways. Wahoo has dual bands, Bluetooth and Ant+

1 - 11 of 11 Posts