Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I would post a pic of my wheels but I have 28f with 2x but have 32r with 3x DS & NDS, sorry, only the front and I know you want both.

·
your god hates me
1,548 Posts
I've got a pair of Joe Young-built DT Swiss 28h 2x wheels, if I remember I'll snap a pic of them and post it here.

·
your god hates me
1,548 Posts
valleycyclist said:
Here is a picture of a front wheel.
DT Swiss RR1.1 Rim
Black DT Swiss Revolution Spokes
Silver Aluminum Nips
DT Swiss 240S hub
cross-2 spoke pattern

There ya go, now I don't have to post mine!

·
Rub it............
3,833 Posts
Heres mine - on the bike.

DT Swiss 1.1 rims
CK Cross hubs (high flange)
DT Swiss Comp spokes
Red alloy nips
2x cross pattern

·
Rub it............
3,833 Posts
I don't have a ton of miles on the bike. Maybe 200 or so. I mostly MTB ride, but get out occasionally. I weigh in around 175. No issues so far.

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
It's out on loan right now on the Spare Ti. It's a late '80's American Classic on a Sun Assault rim. 2mm Wheelsmith spokes with aluminum nipples. I rode it all last year when I was over 200# and it's under a 235# guy right now, unless it breaks. I'm running that Sun Assault on 4 other wheels. I like them, cheap, effective and reasonably light.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
frdfandc said:
Heres mine - on the bike.

DT Swiss 1.1 rims
CK Cross hubs (high flange)
DT Swiss Comp spokes
Red alloy nips
2x cross pattern

Great looking bike. Very tasteful. Thanks for posting the photo.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Mike T. said:
I know you didn't ask for it but here's an x1 with heads in.
That is a really nice picture of the wheel. I think silver White Industries hubs are one of the nicest looking hubs.

Heads-in lacing seems to be fairly popular on this forum, and 1x heads in is even more exotic. Any reasons to choose 1x heads in vs a standard 1x alternating heads in/out? My guess is a tad lateral stiffness increase since twice as many spokes have a wider bracing angle. I wonder how the spokes handle the extra force of the spoke overlap so close to the elbow in the long run. I'm assuming it is minimal and has no effect on long-term reliability.

If anyone has used a wheel with this spoke pattern or radial heads in for a lot of miles I would be interested in feedback on the overal reliability, spoke breakage issues (if any), and hub flange problems (if any).

·
A wheelist
11,322 Posts
valleycyclist said:
That is a really nice picture of the wheel.
Thanks but that bleepin' pic looks nothing like the one I uploaded. Well, ok it's the same wheel but my background cloth was jet black not a pretty blue as in this pic. And the spokes were all nice & sharp. These are surrounded by a load of noise. This has been happening on a few forums recently and I need to know why. I'll e-mail consumer review to try to find out why.

Any reasons to choose 1x heads in vs a standard 1x alternating heads in/out?
That's just what the builder - Zen Cyclery - chose. Maybe they have a reason.

My guess is a tad lateral stiffness increase since twice as many spokes have a wider bracing angle. I wonder how the spokes handle the extra force of the spoke overlap so close to the elbow in the long run. I'm assuming it is minimal and has no effect on long-term reliability.
I would imagine any issues, good or bad, are so small as to be immaterial - not that anyone or any thing could measure a difference anyway.

·
A wheelist
11,322 Posts
valleycyclist said:
The background looks clean on my computer as well as
my phone. Perhaps your browser settings need to be adjusted.
Well isn't that strange. I'm viewing it with a Firefox browser and the back cloth is a nice royal blue where in the pics in my pic folders it's jet black. Plus there's a ton of fuzz on the spokes in this RBR pic. Lemme load IE and see if that makes a difference.

·
A wheelist
11,322 Posts
Mike T. said:
Well isn't that strange. I'm viewing it with a Firefox browser and the back cloth is a nice royal blue where in the pics in my pic folders it's jet black. Plus there's a ton of fuzz on the spokes in this RBR pic. Lemme load IE and see if that makes a difference.
Ahh-haaaa! I loaded Explorer and my pic looks JUST as it looks in my picture folders. :confused:

·
A wheelist
11,322 Posts
Mike T. said:
Ahh-haaaa! I loaded Explorer and my pic looks JUST as it looks in my picture folders. :confused:
Bingo. I fixed it. I went to the Help at Firefox and typed in something like "uploaded picture color changing" and read the comments. One dude suggested typing "about:config" in the address line and changing "gfx color management mode" to zero. Mine was "2". I did this, reloaded FF and my pic now looks fine. Thanks Valley for tipping me off that the problem was probably at my end. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts