Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I went thru some threads to see if anyone has posted this already but I did not see anything.

I am looking for some riders in the Sping area to ride with. I ride with a couple of teams (woodlands CC and a group of friends) right now but we only get together on the weekends. I am looking to ride with a few riders during the week...maybe 2 times a week or something.

If anyone is intrested please let me know.

My current skill sets at the moment are:

avg distance I like to ride during a week night is 30 miles.(could do less if you wanted)
avg speed is between 15 and 18 mph...depends on if I am riding with someone or not.

I am trying hard to improve my mph so I if you are a little fast than me and you dont mind me tagging along with you great...I will hopefully be up to faster times rather quickly.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
just can't do the midweek thing-

Airwalker- that would be perfect for me, but I just cannot yet get a reliable (out of work right at 5pm on the same day every week) work schedule yet.

Could you send me a note every now and then if you get a couple of riders together? I might be able to join, but I can't really help start something. prowan A T usa. net

You may see me around on errands every now and then, I live by Klein HS, and make occasional evening rides to the store mid-week. I have a pale blue/grey Bianchi Eros, and if it is night, I will be visible (two lites in front two lites in back etc.). For longer rides, I will usually ride on 2920.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PJay,
Thank for the post. I have found another person to ride with during the week too. So with you that would make 3 of us (more are welcome to join).
I also leave work around 5 - 6 so your schedule would be fine. The other guy can ride just about anytime on Mon, Wed, and Friday...so between the three of us we should be able to get something scheduled. I will contact you via e-mail once we swap over to daylight savings and the rain lets up.
I agree with you...2920 is pobably the best route to go since that is really the only road with a big enough shoulder. Klien HS is just up the road from me (and Jim...the other guy) so we could meet somewhere along the way. I am on Cypresswood and Mirror Lake...closest to Klien Collins HS.
My personal e-mail is surferdude12 at houston.rr.com
Feel free to contact me is you ever want to ride. I will be riding in the Katy Ram Challenge this weekend with a small team if you are going to be out there (we will do the 75 mile route)(hopefully there will not be as much wind as what was in the Tour de Cypress ride last weekend!!!). I also have a ride schedule Sat morning @ 8am in the woodlands (20 - 30 miles) if you would like to ride with us...just e-mail me.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
sounds great-

sounds great - thanks - i need to make myself follow up on the opportunity - i see solo cyclists in our area but not really any groups. i will contact ya.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Week Day Rides Cypresswood Area

Hey I just e-mailed surferdude. Let me know if anyone else is reading this thread and wants to ride out of Cypresswood area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey PJ I dont have your contact info but if you get this let me know by contacting me thru my e-mail on this thread.
I am trying to set something up with Hollowlegs99 for next Wednesday (July 5th @ 6:15).
I thought we could ride to Tomball (28 miles).
We are going to meet up @ Texaco on Cypresswood and Mirror Lake...
Since this will be our first rid it will prob be more of a social ride and we will keep the speeds around 15 - 18 mph...

If ayone else wants to join please feel free to let me know or show up.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
planning on Wed. ride

airwalker - i sent you a pm with my contact info.

I am planning on meeting up for the Wednesday ride next week. See you there.
-PJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts