Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm spending a week in Austin (Westlake area) and I want to log lots of miles. I have little obligations for the week of 4/3-4/8 and plan to be on my bike as much as possible.

Are there any training rides during the week (M-F)? Or does anyone want to get together for a 2, 3, or 4 hr ride?
My only weekend day is Sat. 4/8. Looking for a good ride then too.

Appreciate any tips.
Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Doug,
This is a pretty good one...(pasting from austincycling.org)
April 08 -- Jake's Hill -- 8:00 am Map Available!
Meet at the Movies 8 in Round Rock for rides of 18, 27, 41 and 55 miles. Take IH-35 north to the Hwy 3406 exit, and CAREFULLY hustle across the access road for the immediate right turn into the parking lot. These routes will traverse the slightly undulating rural countryside east of IH-35 and provide a platform for the separation of the peloton at Jake's Hill. Who said there aren't any climbs out east? Katy 512-589-1498
or if you want to drive just out side of houston (about 3 hrs from austin) there is a good one...on the 2nd - katy ram challenge and it is a century (I think they have a 75 and 50 also).
Also, check out active.com or seach for local bike stores and give them a call...most of them have organized rides during the week...they vary in difficulty. Good luck and have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.