Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Musculo Med Doc
93 Posts
hands down.....IMHO..... best short of all time......

Boure Pro Short.......

and while your at it - if you haven't already, switch to Bibs - WOW! I use to HATE wearing spandex. Always found them so damn uncomfortable. Switched to Bibs... there are actually times that I come home from my rides, and forget to take them off!

And to top it all off - there isn't a company out there that can touch there return policy! You don't like em' (now or in a few months..... I wouldn't push past what you would consider "normal" time) No questions asked!

·
eminence grease
18,559 Posts
Nalini Base, their least expensive model.

Baseball cut synthetic chamois with virtually no padding.

I was raised on the old, simple stuff and my life went to hell when the MFGRs started to introduce all these whiz-bang engineered materials. I went through Assos, PI, Castelli, Nike, Voler and others, hating them all.

Then I dropped $49 on these Nalini and my life was suddenly complete. The sun came out and the birds started singing.

The problem is, the place I buy them shows them as "closeouts" so I know tonight I will be adding a special line into my daily prayer, one imploring the powers that be to continue using that same pad in the new model.

Santini Twist are a close second, and Extenondo used to order a padding free version.

·
your god hates me
1,602 Posts
Bontrager said:
Look at triathlon shorts. Their chamois' are usually much less thinner. I have no experience with them. Just noticed that they're thinner.
"Much more thinner" I would think you mean...but yeah, I was gonna say look at Tri shorts. I have some by Vigor that are easily one-half the thickness of any other chamois I own, but they're very comfortable.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Add another vote for Voler. Specifically, look for the Ion chamois. Thin and comfy. Done many a very long day in that short.

Campy also makes a "thin" chamois but it is not for everyone. If you can find it check out their Race chamois. It is thin with little "buttons" for your sit bones. What makes them weird, for me, is that the cut of the front of the chamois is unusual. In any event, I know several people who love that short and I find it okay as well. It meets your criteria. A little pricey, unlike the Voler.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I know REI shorts, the cheap ones, have just the thin beige chamois. There is absolutely no padding to it. Myself? I just got two pairs of Voler shorts and they are simply awesome.

·
chamois creme addict
1,479 Posts
Giordana Silverline

The Giordana Silverline bibs use the blue 3D-OF chamois - thin, seamless, 4-way stretch. **EDIT** They are a decent value at $100 USD compared to offerings from Assos, Capoforma, Craft, etc. Also, I should add the Louis Garneau bibs that use the Ergozone chamois are also good choice, the chamois is the white/red one that looks like a golf ball (dimpled) adn it is not too thick.

FWIW, my new favorite bib shorts are the latest Giordana Laser with the red T-Select OF chamois. It is on the thicker side of thin, but I have worn these shorts on several 4 hour+ rides with complete satisfaction.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,364 Posts
As jgrant says, the Campy shorts can have pretty thin chamois.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.